At The Cake Nest Ltd we take privacy seriously and always do out utmost to protect any data we gather from customers. We only collect data we regard as important so that we can carry out our services for our customers to the highest possible standards.
This policy was last updated 20/06/2018
The Registered Office of The Cake Nest LTD is Furness Vale Business Centre, Calico Lane, Furness Vale, High Peak SK23 7SW, UK Registered in England & Wales No. 08486957 (“we” or “us” in this policy).
Access to your personal information
What types of information do we collect from customers?
The types of information we collect from customers include:
- Your Name
- Your Email Address so we can send confirmation emails
- A contact telephone number if we need to contact you about your order
- Delivery details of the order (recipient’s name, address, delivery instructions)
- Your order history and details of the items purchased
- Any personalised messages or customisation related to your order
- Your password (should you choose to create an account)
- Any correspondence or communication with us.
- Details we need to take payments our held by either Woocommerce, Stripe, Gocardless or Paypal, depending on who you choose to pay with but are not stored by us.
When someone visits www.cakenest.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
You can revoke your consent for collection of this data by clicking here. If you clear your cookies you may need to re-enable this opt-out.
We use a third party service, Facebook Pixel, to help us measure the effectiveness of our Facebook advertising.
However, again this information is processed in a way that does not identify anyone.
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use Royal Mail, UPS and DHL for our deliveries
What information we share: Recipient name, delivery address, email address, mobile phone number (if supplied)
Why: In order to fulfil your order and to send you delivery notifications.